
We hiked up to a small glacial lake that had a a few water falls. The dog enjoyed chasing the three ducks that lived on the lake around.
Here's where started getting closer to the actual top of Mt St Helens. There were plenty of signs around warning us that this was an active volcano. If we felt shaking or saw gases coming out of the volcano we should 1. get out of the way of any debris flow 2. hold our masks or handkerchiefs (that we didn't bring with us) over our faces for about 20 minutes. Oh, and #3 was DON'T PANIC. I didn't take any pictures of the sign since when I took those pictures of the signs in the grand canyon that said hey stupid, if you hike to the river and back in one day you will probably die, and then I almost died. I figured maybe picture of warning signs was bad luck. Anyhow, of course, I mildly panicked. The dog ran ahead--across a giant debris field, blithely unaware. I stumbled along behind laura making plans to wet down my shirt and use it as a small tent for all three of us to stave off the poison gases. Then Laura told me that if that happened we would probably just die no matter what we did. Anyhow, we all survived the hike unscathed!
I also had a soccer game this weekend. It went as fabulous as it generally does with Jar Jar binks playing defense. Of course, this week's game was made even better by one of our more irritating players trying to pick two fights with members of the opposing team. Afterward the game we had a nice visit with meg when we dropped off some cat food that our cats, who now eat a special diet that costs as much as buying small gold nuggets for them to eat.
No comments:
Post a Comment