While Laura was inside getting the doughnuts, I was sitting outside on a bench with the dog. A "spare changer" (homeless person who sits around asking for change) was almost directly in front of me on the sidewalk. She was drawing a picture of a fairy and had a sign saying that she had lost everything in a house fire and needed money to buy colored pencils. To my left was another homeless person. Not begging for change; he was just sitting there, drinking a coke (which I later found out was a coke and whiskey).
As we all sat together, girl homeless person pulls a baby rat our of her bra, lets it run around for a couple seconds on her hands, tells me its name is smokey, then smokey ran back into the bra. I was like holy shit!! Homeless girl then proceeds to announce to homeless guy that she kicked a $200 a month crack habit a month ago. To support her habit she did internet prostitution--until the fire when she lost her computer. Then she just did prostitution on the street. When we left, I had
Laura give her a dollar, and I told her to be careful of her rat.
No comments:
Post a Comment