three pets, two girls, one crazy life

4.21.2009

YEA ME!!!!!

 
Yes--that's right, I managed to pass the Oregon Bar exam in under five tries--just barely (this was the third go around).  Of course, this time I was prepared.  I managed to finagle a lucky shirt from a friend.  Here's a shot of me in the lucky shirt.  Sorry, you'll have to turn your monitor (or your head) sideways to check it out, my technical assistant is at her art class:  


Anyhow, if you can't tell from the picture, the shirt was a little small. I think that back in 1984 when my friend purchased the shirt, she was about the size of Kate Moss. But, hey, if wearing a belly shirt was the key to my success this time around with the Oregon bar--that's fine with me. I'd certainly do it again.

I have to say that the prevailing feeling I have at having passed the bar is RELIEF. Ya know, it doesn't really matter how many bars you are admitted to when you are not admitted to the bar in the state you live in and you don't happen to be employed by the federal government. So, now that I have passed the bar, I'm going back to working for the federal government in about 3 weeks. HOW'S THAT FOR SOME IRONY?

I'm sure Laura is thrilled that I passed the bar as well. Nothing quite as bad as taking the bar except living with someone who is studying to take the bar. So, this is it. NO MORE BARS. I think that 4 is quite enough!

1 comment:

The family: said...

phew! I was starting to worry... about Laura. I figure it was getting ugly around there, and not because it hasn't stopped raining since September. Our congratulations and best wishes. Come back to California at any time. Stasia, Sammy and family