So.....there's this crotchety old bitch that parks diagonally from us. She drives a PT Cruiser (one of my least favorite kinds of cars--right behind PRIUS MY MOST DESPISED KIND OF CAR--but more on that later). So, we met crotechety old bitch right around the time that laura got her scooter. We park the scooter in the area between our car and the parking space that faces our space--the spaces each have their own bumper, which results in about a 3 foot space between bumpers. I was in the parking garage laying under the scooter installing the license plates with flex lock nuts when I heard footsteps stop next to me. After several minutes of silence, I looked out from the scooter to see a portly old lady in a mumu. Her balding head was covered with whisps of white hair. She asked me if we could park the scooter somewhere else. She wanted to use the 3 foot space between the cars as her own personal runway to the elevators. Apparently, it was just too much trouble for her to walk the extra 8 feet to walk down in front of the cars and over to the elevator. We worked out a compromise that Laura and I would park our car back from our bumper like 2 feet so crochety old bitch could use that area---this was needed because our directly-in-front-parking-space neighbors also have a scooter, which is parked beside ours. Our compromise worked out well for several weeks.
Then, I found out that crochety bitch had written a letter to the board complaining about the scooter. (I found this out b/c laura is on the board, crochety bitch did not know that). Anyhow, I confront crochety bitch about the letter down in the parking garage--much to her horror. Board decides parking in that area is allowed.
Several months pass.
Then, last week, we have lunch with our neighbors who also hate crochety bitch due to scooter issues. We discuss how crochety bitch has taken to storing cardboard boxes in the between the bumper area. I walk directly back to work. Laura walks into garage with neighbors. female half of neighbors proceeds to grab crochety bitches boxes, rip them into pieces and throw them into the recycling. Laura was torn between feeling delighted at the destruction of crochety bitch's boxes and feeling total horror at being presentt for the destruction.
Lesson: it's always better to be nice to your parking neighbors then to be a crochety old bitch.
No comments:
Post a Comment