Laura is always right. Several weeks ago, our bathroom fan started sounding like it was chopping up a small rodent when it came on. Unfortunately, the bathroom fan was connected to the light switch--meaning, turning on the light resulted in the sound of a screaming rodent. I disconnected the power to the fan and asked Laura to fix it. As long time readers of this blog (all four of you) may know, Laura approaches household chores with a far different sense of urgency than mine: NONE. For weeks I waited in silence for her to fix the fan, my anger building with every second. Of course, this all came to a head when we were at the airport picking up my friend Melissa nearly two weeks ago. I finally laid down an ultimatum to Laura: you have two weeks to fix that fucking fan before I hire a handy man. I followed that up with expressing my belief that she would not be able to fix the fan because we did not own a ladder, therefore, she could not reach the fan to fix it. Never one to jump on a task, Laura waited until today--nearly two weeks after my ultimatum, to get to work on the fan.
She took the step stoop upstairs, and put on her cruel cruel goth clubbing shoes and took down the fan. (unfortunately, she didn't wear this whole outfit)

She looked at the fan. Figured out that the plastic casing had fallen down and was rubbing against the metal housing causing the rodent sounds. Then she put some electrical tape (from the $0.69 cent roll we had) and the fan was fixed. Now she is upstairs fixing the closet doors.
I imagine she is much like a husband: She can fix everything, but only when she is good and ready.
AND because I am sure she would want me to mention this---she was also right that we should not wash our car yesterday at the car wash near our house b/c 1. it would not get it as clean as the car wash with a gun and 2. it would just rain today.
Well, whatever. despite being wrong most of the time, I am still pretty awesome.
1 comment:
OK, I admit it. I voted for both. :)
Post a Comment