three pets, two girls, one crazy life

3.19.2009

updates....

First, spring is coming. Laura and I enjoy looking at all the trees that are about to bud or bloom. We are very excited for the cherry trees outside our big window to get pink flowers! Our conversation today about spring went something like this:

Laura: I love spring
Me: I like...all the seasons
Laura: I liked all the seasons when I lived in the glorious paradise of LA
Me: We didn't have seasons there. In fact, when we moved here you said one of the things you liked about it was that there were distinct seasons.
Laura: Yeah, well, the novelty of that has worn off.
Me: .....after only one round of seasons.....

I have a horrible cold.  I feel like someone has poured acid down my throat and that somone else is trying to wedge my ears apart with a crow bar (so don't expect too much from this post).   I've also been really busy at work.  One of the cases I have went to trial this week.  I sent Laura a news story about it that featured a picture of the plaintiff.  Laura noted that the plaintiff closely resembled a who--from the dr. Seuss whooville people in the grinch.  It was totally true.

Laura got back last from visiting her best friend in Chicago.  Her best friend is the one who has the baby who likes to get some tongue action from the dog.  See dog and baby below:

Did anyone notice the dog's FAT belly?  There is a pretty funny story about why Lola's (the dog), belly is so fat.  Back when Laura's BFF was breast feeding her baby, Lola--who seems pretty smart, realized that the baby was a puker.  Lola laid in wait, then ate the breast-milk-baby-puke.  Being that breast milk is pretty high in calories, Lola put on a bit of weight.  The vet noticed at lola's yearly appointment.  Laura's BFF decided NOT to tell the vet that the weight gain was a result of lola's new breast milk diet.  I thought that was a very funny story--almost, but not quite as good as, the helen keller that cut Laura's other BFF's hair one strand at a time.

And--PS to CW--Laura's BFF says that it is indeed possible (and prefereable) to be freshly shorn for labor.  She knows, because she did it!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Ewwww!!! I threw up a little in my mouth reading your post.

Feel better soon. I miss you here at work.

WeMoved2PDX said...

hey, it's not as disgusting as that other breast milk story I shared with you. most disgusting thing EVER.

thewalshfam said...

I'm kinda proud... the dog gained 2 lbs!

WeMoved2PDX said...

proud---as you should be!