three pets, two girls, one crazy life

3.09.2009

My neighbor thinks that I am crazy....

First, we spent some of this weekend making the animals pose for pictures with us. Well, I spent some time this weekend making the animals pose for pictures with me and making Laura take my picture. Here's one of me and lucy-fur-ina. Notice how the flash makes my shirt slightly see-through and you get that scintillating view of a swath of belly and my white sports bra....



Here's one of piishka and I. Notice how we are both smiling:


Finally, I'll get to the point of this post. I am quite sure that my neighbor thinks that I am crazy. She came by to drop off the rent for our extra parking space. I was just sitting down to write my previous post (channeling meg). Oh, and I was also eating the pudding and whip cream pie that Laura made before she left. But, since there is no one here but me I was just shoveling right from the pan into my mouth (hey, I had a hard work out at futsal). Anyhow, I ran over to the door to answer it with my slightly smeared with pudding and holding the pie pan with a fork in it. The neighbor of course wanted to come in and check out our new hardwood floors. As I let her in, I glanced back across the kitchen. ice trays piled on the counter, tin foil from my pizza strewn across the bar, my tea pitcher out on the counter, and my GIANT pie pan of pudding pie with a fork sticking out of it in my hand. In short, it looked like a tornado had hit the kitchen and like I might be bulking up for biggest loser. My eyes me our neighbor's eyes and I blurted out the first thing that came to my mind: "Laura's not here, she's in Chicago," I said. "I figured" was the neighbor's reply.

What makes this even more ironic is that I AM THE CLEAN ONE IN THIS FAMILY. however, I did not have time to clean up tonight because I was too busy rushing to watch little people and jon and kate plus eight when I got home from futsal!!

No comments: