three pets, two girls, one crazy life

3.20.2009

Coupons...

We buy everything with coupons now. Laura is obsessed. I am very proud of her. Last week, she got like $60 off of our grocery store bill. Today, she bought me a Calvin Klein suit using a coupon. She's very determined.

This weekend our friends are taking their child to look at colleges--Harvard, Cornell, Brown, and Dartmouth. After discussing that college was expensive--is their a coupon for that??, Laura and I realized that one thing we could agree on if we ever had a child and it went to College was that we would not steer it toward either of the colleges we attended. I went to Randolph-Macon Woman's College and I LOVED it. I had a great time in College and made lots of great life-long friends. Unfortunately, R-MWC is no longer a Woman's college, much to my great horror and consternation. Laura on the other hand went to Cal Tech (edits--Caltech (apparently only one word--not like Virginia Tech or LA Tech or GA Tech..who knew)  (for super smart people) and HATED it (edit--didn't hate it, but would not recommend it). (although, I do love her friend LA Sarah that she met there....)

My dream is that we have an athletic baby that goes to UT and plays basketball for pat summit. I guess we better get on that since pat may be retiring sometime in the next 17 years......I am sure that Laura will not approve of that plan. She picks colleges based on academics, not athletics--umm--what's wrong with her? Doesn't she want to see us on TV just like Michael Phelps's mother?

No comments: