three pets, two girls, one crazy life

3.09.2009

channeling Meg......

For the past week, I have been telling my friend Meg that I was going to "channel" her and write a blog post dedicated to updating the world on her pregnancy. I figured that since she stopped updating her blog, some peeps might be wondering what was going on. First, here's Meg. She's going to have to give up the gun once the baby comes, I guess. Oh, and that's her husband holding the gun. They're strong supporters of the Second Amendment (just kidding Meg and Aaron).



Anyhow, I guess I've been doing a good job of channeling Meg because I've been procrastinating writing this entry AND I have been inexplicably super-tired. But, finally..I'm doing it. Here's Meg as she looks now--nearly 20 some weeks pregnant (I am sure that if meg were writing this, we'd know the exact number of weeks, but you gotta take what you can get).

Anyhow, Meg discovered she was pregnant about 20 odd weeks ago. Babies apparently sap all your energy. Meg has been sleeping a LOT. Hence, why I am doing this substandard update for her. Babies also cause runny noses and inexplicable rashes. Seriously, the baby has caused Meg to have some type of allergy reaction, which makes her nose run and makes her sneeze. This is a problem at work (or on the bus, or really anywhere) because Meg's gotten to that point where sneezing could mean a slight loss of bladder control. Of course, the GIANT rash that Meg got out of the blue last week probably took her mind off of the sneezing problem. pregnancy=fun!

We've had fun discovering what the baby apparently likes to eat--that would be macaroni salad and turkey bacon avocado subs. Oh, and it appears to enjoy a tea time bagel every day!

Soon things are going to get really exciting--Meg's not too far off from her ultra-sound where she will discover whether she is having a boy or a girl. I think that she suspects that she is having a boy. I know that I am very excited to find out whether it is a boy or a girl. And I am very excited to finally meet the baby--but not too soon. Even though it is due in mid-August, I am holding out hope that it arrives on my birthday (which just happens to be mid-september.....) As you can imagine, Meg isn't too excited about the prospect of her baby and I sharing a birthday!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Finally! An update on Meg's I mean your blog! Tell her, I mean you to update it again soon.