three pets, two girls, one crazy life

10.09.2007

Us......

Watching TV in Redding. Well, not really watching TV, but sitting on the couch in Redding, where we would have sat if we had been watching TV. Why have I posted this photo you may be wondering. Well.....
1. It's for some weird reason, on of my favorites (laura hates it);
2. I missed watching TV with laura tonight because she is gone doing field work far away; and
3. Since my woman won't be back until Friday, she will have forgotten about the picture by then and won't be mad at me (or at least, that's what I am banking on).

Anyhow, if she had been here tonight, we'd have sat on that very same couch, in a very different state, watching Beauty and the Geek. And I would have had a much better time...because I really miss Laura when she is gone. But, I digress. We LOVE B&G. This season is not quite as great as the last one, or maybe it was the one before that where that cute little skinny guy with the man purse won, but this season is still pretty funny.

The beauties are not all that hot, but some of the geeks are more unfortunate than you could ever imagine. You can't help but feel sorry for even the most irritating of them--well, actually, I take that back, there is one guy on the show--William, that is super irritating. He's just a giant dick and would be giant dick even if he didn't sit at home playing video games and collecting comic books. Watch the show, you'll see what I mean. As usual, Laura knows one of the nerdy people on the show--the surprise twist nerdy girl went to caltech so that she could become a.....no, not a astrophysicist (that one is from MIT) but instead a musicologist. And I'm not kidding about that. Who knew. Nerdy caltech girl surprised me tonight. First, I actually felt that she was somewhat compelling when she was explaining how she felt to one of the "beauties" on the show, and next because she actually engaged in plotting against someone! She's crafty...but certainly not my type (I'm counting on you muffie to know what group I ripped that line from!)

Anyhow, I highly recommend that you start watching B&G if you haven't already.

No comments: