three pets, two girls, one crazy life

10.11.2007

An Awesome day with the Awesomes.....

A couple weeks ago we went to Oktoberfest in mid-Oregon with my AWESOME friends (pictured below--I didn't get the memo that everyone was supposed to wear red...) We're standing in front of some sort of monument which is covered in hops. Hops are kind of a neat thing. I had never seen them until I moved to Oregon. Hops, as you all probably know, are used in beer. Know why? Because beer is not alcoholic enough to sterilize itself. So some enterprising drunkard in Germany many years ago discovered that he could extend the life of his beer all winter long by adding hops, which act as a sterilizer. All the hops for budweiser come from Oregon. Who knew?

We had a good time at the Oktoberfest. Laura and Captain Awesome (pictured above in red jacket) had a better time than General Awesome (pictured above in red shirt) because they were not designated drivers. We had almost peeled those two away from the beer tent in which they spent the afternoon, when we ran into a person even drunker than they who was trying to give away like $80 worth of tokens. Feeling slightly guilty about stealing from the drunkard, Capt. Awesome and Laura only took $20 worth of tokens. They got two more drinks. I got a couple wine glasses as momentos.

No comments: