three pets, two girls, one crazy life

9.28.2009

Cannon Beach

This weekend we went to Cannon Beach. You can see haystack rock behind the dog.



On the way down, we (well, I) narrowly avoided a speeding ticket. Happily, the nice state trooper decided that "this one was on [him]" and did not bust me for going 68 in a 55. Lucky thing too, a speeding ticket would have made laura's discovery that I sent 400 texts last month (which was 200 more than my plan allowed) last month. Who knew I could send 20 text messages a day.......anyhow, more on that later.

We had a fun day at the Beach.  It is hard to believe that in less than a week this girl:


will be flying around in this:

and be in antarctica! (and yes, this is really a photo of a helicopter flying in Antarctica).  It is just crazy.  As you can imagine, she is very excited.  And, yes--to answer a FAQ, I will miss her, but  this trip will be super fun, and I would never expect laura to miss out on it to sit around in the rainy portland winter!
After spending lots of time running around on the beach:






we were all hungry:

It turns out that the dog loves shrimp tails! who knew? We discovered this last time we went to cannon beach. Normally, the dog is a very picky eater--she doesn't even like bacon. so you can imagine what a surprise it was when she loved shrimp tails!

No comments: