three pets, two girls, one crazy life

3.17.2008

Shout out to our homies

It's been hard to find time to write here, being a single pet parent, having a massive cold, preparing for an upcoming trial and all. Why have I been a single pet parent? It's because even though Laura and I live in Portland...Laura works in L.A.

She does come home for weekends. I will be glad when she finally gets done with her month and a half of traveling (which will happen in about 3 weeks or so). I miss her! But, she loves to travel, and she is getting to see super cool LA Sarah (and a big shout out to LA Sarah for telling laura that only pigs don't clean up after themselves at home!!!)

This past Friday, while Laura flew home, I enjoyed myself at a fancy women lawyers fundraiser. Why was this one so much fun? Maybe it was the lemon drop and half a bottle of wine...or more likely it was sitting next to the law student mentee of one of my friends at dinner. So, I got to go on and on and on about myself to a very impressed audience. God that happens far too rarely.

Despite waking up with a slight hangover saturday, I was up and ready at 8:00 for our day of basketball! We literally spent all day cheering on the team from Laura's redding office as they played in a round robin bb tourney. It wasn't exactly march madness, but it was still pretty fun.


After the game (and most importantly after everyone had showered) we loaded all 9 of the large men who had come up to play basketball into my car for a ride through downtown portland. There was much screaming, and much worry about crushed testicles. Really, I knew that we should have gotten a suburban! Our car is just too small.......next year guys!
Finally, I can't make a post without including something about the animals. Piishka loves to sleep on the bed. We really need a king size to accomodate all of us.....

Flux and Lucy love to cuddle together on the couch (when they are not terrorizing our house)!





1 comment:

WeMoved2PDX said...

we do need a king size bed. i am all for it! miss you.