three pets, two girls, one crazy life
7.16.2007
This Weekend
This weekend we ran in Montrail's Run Like A Girl 8K. We finished with most of the pack--in about an hour. We missed our goal time of one hour by two minutes. Considering that one of our main goals in the race was to keep ourselves fresh for the zoo (the race started and ended at the zoo and included FREE zoo admission) and that we had been training for our 5 mile run by 1. not running and 2. eating a training diet of lots of ice cream, I think that we did great. It was a very fun trail run. I look forward to doing it again next year, although I will have to speed things up, because I want to win my age group so that I can get a hat. Maybe I will just enter in the over 60 category! Although, that may not be a great idea because the woman who was THIRD in one of the 40's divisions was a former PDX marathon winner!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment