First, for all you out there who are wondering---the toenail is still hanging on! Actually, before I even get to Sunday, let me update ya'll on Saturday. The day Laura sustained her massive injuries (not really that massive). We had gone on a long run in the park and were sort of rushing back to meet friends for coffee. As we neared the exit to the park, Laura fell (it was wet, the road was newly paved and slick). She got some really bad road rash (I've been enjoying rubbing salve on her wounds) and sprained her ankles. It hurt, so she started yelling. I rushed over to her. She continued screaming. Random man started to come towards us. Knowing laura, I knew that he would not be welcome. "stay up there, don't come any closer," I said to him, while holding up my hand in a stop sign. "but I have water to wash out her wounds," he said. "no, no, thank you, we're fine" I replied. He seemed dubious, but reluctantly left. I can only imagine what he thought since at the time he arrived laura was screaming you're just making it worse. Probably thought he happened upon a bit of domestic violence in the park or something. Anyhow, Laura's ankle is feeling much better today.
On Sunday we went to Yoga with a friend. As I was twisting myself into some position which involved a chair, putting my foot on the chair and then contorting myself 180 degrees all while reaching my hand up to the ceiling, I heard Laura lauging. "what are you laughing at?" I asked. She replied "well, you're just not very good at yoga." According to the teacher we were supposed to be focused so much on the poses that we woudl forget all our daily stresses. In trying to controt myeslf into that pose, I was mostly focused on how the fat roll on my stomach seemed to be wadded up against my chest and was preventing me from breathing. Thinking of my fat roll made me think of all the bacon I ate to get it and how good it was. I spent a good part of the rest of the yoga class craving bacon. Well, I thought about bacon until we were supposed to clear our minds of everything. Then I thought about black holes. like the one that the particle subliminator has a 999999.99999 billion chance of opening up!
Then, we went to see Rachel Gets Married. Don't waste your money. You've already lived through it if you've ever gone to a family gathering.
No comments:
Post a Comment