three pets, two girls, one crazy life

11.20.2008

check it out....

What's this? It's Laura. She's imitating what I looked like 7 hours after my dentist appointment....imagine what I looked like 2 hours after the appointment.



I arrived at the dentist this morning thinking that she was going to just check on a couple of my teeth that she put temporary fillings in. I was wrong. Instead, she was planning to drill out those temp fillings and put permanent ones in. Unfortunately, I had a big FBA board lunch attend at noon. Guess what? I went looking like a stroke victim. I was unable to eat lunch--since I was drooling out of the side of my mouth adding food to the landslide seemed like a really bad idea! My trustworthy friend told me that I totally did look like a total dork! Well, it only got worse. After the lunch, I was standing around when I was introduced to the lunch speaker--Oregon's future AG. "HI" I said. "I was the one that asked Merri Souther Wyatt to twist your arm to speak at this lunch, so thanks for coming" I said. John Kroger just looked at me in horror. Inside my head I was thinking wow, I didn't think what I said was such a big deal.....then I realized that he was looking at me in horror because he was trying to figure out whether I was a young stroke victim. I turned to my friend and said "Maybe I should have started out my sentence with "I just had some dental work done......" she agreed that I should have!

No comments: