William (pictured above) disappeared. Laura last saw him in the early afternoon walking in the park. To date (and it's thursday evening 7:24 PCT), he's not come home. To say that we are devestated would be an understatement. Poor Laura, I know that she is sad too, and she has to deal with me running every possible scenerio by her of what might have happened.
It was windy that day; maybe something fell on wm and killed him. Maybe he was hit by a car, and we have yet to find the body because he crawled into some secluded place. Maybe he was killed by a dog (but I haven't found any blood in the park). Maybe he is trapped somewhere. You probably get the idea by now.
I don't know where he is or what might have happened, but I do know that something is terribly wrong for him to be gone for so long. I've also gone ove the list of things that I wish; namely that when laura saw him in the park on monday afternoon, I had gone out and gotten him. But I didn't. And wishing that I had won't make it true.
We've searched the neighborhood several times. We've checked with the neighbors (one of whom expressed disappointment to laura that it was wm that was missing and not Flux....hm thanks..). I'm seriously considering contacting a psychic and went so far as to inquire with a former ADA whether the portland police bureau has ever used a psychic in any of their cases. She was sympathetic when I explained why, having lost a cat herself.
We keep hoping for the best. In fact, every return home is kind of excruciating because we both hope that William will be waiting for us. We really just want out cat back. Otr to at least know what happened.
I'll keep you posted on how things go. In the meantime, I appreciate everyone who has promised to pray for or think good thoughts about william's safe return. Hoopefully, it will make some kind of difference.
No comments:
Post a Comment