Over the past few years, I have been more concerned about my own plastic use. Plastic bags, plastic tupperwear, plastic bottles, plastic caps, plastic bags for my lunch, plastic containers for body wash and shampoo, plastic containers for all those nice organic salad mixes, plastic wrap on veggies at trader joes....you get the idea. My awareness was heightened when Laura came home from a dump she was monitoring and told me that there were plastic bags blowing all over the place there.
Check out what our use of plastic does to sea animals:
I know you dont want to do this!
I recently created a bottle cap recycling program at my work (which is a 16 floor office building with many people in it). I have gotten an amazing response, and all it took was me decorating a couple boxes and taking the caps to whole foods or origins every few weeks. People even bring their bottle caps from home. Hopefully you can do something to help recycle or use less plastic too!
If you cant do that, consider resusable bags, buying lotions/shampoo from bulk sections and resusing the same containers. Anything to reduce using plastic.
No comments:
Post a Comment