Two things happened yesterday--first, our dryer finally gave up the ghost. It has a serious problem. One more serious than I can fix by taking off the face plate and removing the built up lint. Our dryer smells like burning and works only when the door is open. Oh, and not to mention when it is working while the door is open, the back of the dryer glows bright red--kind of like it is a porthole to hell. (or--just for you CW--a MANHOLE to hell). Anyhow, maybe it is, and maybe one of satan's imps escaped last night and flew into my body. At least that is the best way that I can explain what I did at 4:30 a.m.
I woke up to sounds of drunken screaming. Coming from right outside our window that opens towards our courtyard. I was immediately enraged. I sprang from my bed, threw on a sweatshirt, pounded down the stairs, threw open the door and ---saw a mini carnival outside. There was a little person--unfortunately not from little people big world, a chick wearing a red jacket in a wheel chair, a totallly riped Asian dude and a sniviling white chick in a white jacket. They were all shitfaced. The little person and Mr. Asian universe looked close to coming to blows. After taking about one second to sort out this odd cast of characters, I yelled loudly: "SHUT THE FUCK UP! I AM TRYING TO SLEEP! I HAVE TO GET UP AND GO TO WORK!" Everyone looked shocked. Mr. Asian universe said sorry sorry. red jacket girl was rolling towards me saying ma'am, ma'am. I slammed the door and stormed back upstairs. They were not too upset--the drama continued for a good 10 to 15 more minutes. The gist was that the little person and red jacket girl wanted to drive white jacket girl home in white jacket girl's car. Mr. Asian universe (who is not my neighbor) wanted white jacket girl to stay at neighbor's house. white jacket girl seemed to be leaning that way too--much to little person and red jacket girl's dismay.
This morning, when I woke up, I had a vague recollection of what I said--but didn't really remember. So, I asked Laura. who said: "yeah, I heard you out there yelling shut the fuck up. I totally did not even remember saying it. I certainly remember thinking it, but I was still half asleep when I was out there yelling. I am sure that my neighbor pete now thinks that I am a raving lunatic. That's OK though. I am pretty sure he orders female escorts from craig's list.
3 comments:
Ha! You said it! MANHOLE
you tell such great stories.
I'm pretty sure you made the same comments to us when we had drunken arguments at 2 a.m. on Lakeview Dr. Some things never change..... stasia
Post a Comment