three pets, two girls, one crazy life

5.09.2009

the most delicious night ever....

We just got back from what might possibly have been our most delicious night ever. One-half of one of our couple friends is a food writer. So, she gets to go around to all these delicious Portland restaurants and get all kinds of (usually) good food. Tonight, she invited Laura and I along to McCormick & Schmicks haborside at the marina. It was pretty fancy. The Chef basically talked us through our entire meal.

After we got back, I found possibly the most ludicrous argument that I have ever seen against "gay" marriage: if gay people got married, it would discourage black men from marrying their baby mamas. Really? And just when I thought that conservatives couldn't get any stupider. The author does ask: Is it fair to those gays who want to marry that their desires should be thwarted for the sake of black boys? She concludes: Maybe not. It's hard to even comprehend that someone (a white someone--but then, that is what white people like to do..give advice on how those who are not white can better themselves--i.e. be more like white people) would even write this kind of shit about black people.  But what is even stupider is to consider that if "gay" marriage becomes legal all those black kids who are allegedly on the fence about marrying their baby mama will think to themselves--forget that shit, now that those gays can get married there's no point in me doing that. 

I googled the white girl who this article and found that she had written another gem called: "The Campus Rape Myth"

What about evolution--I thought there was supposed to be survival of the fittest.  How did these genes survive so long?

No comments: