three pets, two girls, one crazy life

12.18.2008

the keeper of the chapstick

So, first, we got out of Chicago, so we won't be spending Christmas in Chicago with my friend/co-worker Penny. There's always the chance we'll be visiting with her and her family on our way back though!

Next, on our plane ride from Chicago to Knoxville, I was thinking about what I am to Laura. In short--I am the keeper of the chapstick. Everytime we go on a trip (or leave the house) she inevitably asks me..."did you bring my mint chapstick." Everytime the answer is "yes" because I always pack it for her. It's funny how in relationships the work sort of gets divided up like that. I just asked my sweet little thing what she does for me. After wrinkling her brow the answer was: "everything. It's surprisingly shocking all that I do, in fact,I keep telling you that helplessness is not hot." I didn't really say anything...but I know what I will say next time that helpless little thing asks for that chapstick.

We've been enjoying hanging out with the 'rents. Today, as I was driving all of us through my little town where the speed limit is 20mph, my dad chimed in from the back seat (and imagine all this in an accent like arnold--the CA gov. ) Gosia! You Drive Too FAST. The Police Wait Here! The Police will Arrest YOU! The POLICE ARE WAITING HERE TO ARREST YOU! ah, yes, it's nice to be home.

No comments: