three pets, two girls, one crazy life

6.26.2008

Collection of one-sided-snippits

of conversations with Laura from today:

This morning, I noticed her sweater was wrinkled as we were walking to work. I mentioned that I would have ironed it. She asked why I was so into ironing since I was never this into ironing in Redding. I pointed out that there, I just did all the ironing and hung her clothes up. Her response was "well, why did you get so behind on the ironing here?"

Later, I coerced Laura into coming to my soccer game (not my usual game; instead a team I agreed to sub for. Since it wasn't my team, this game had the benefit of ensuring that Laura would not have to sit next to the stinky husband/boyfriend of one of the stinky players on my team (they are very "earthy" and don't wear any kind of deodorant...) Although it appeared that she was engrossed in her Vanity Fair, she watched enough of the game to do away with any notion that I was Hope Solo. On the way back to the car, Laura commented that I "lost my game" in the second half. "why did you keep letting all their balls go in?" she asked. (in case anyone is interested--the score was 1-3.) "You did have a couple good saves at the end of the game, but that one, it looked like you didn't even see it. You could have jumped higher for that second one, and that third one, well that was the most understandable since that woman ran into you and all..." Apparently, that is what I get for making her come to my soccer games--brutal honesty.

Later tonight, when I told Laura, time to shower (part of an ongoing battle we wage every day) she complained that "you make me shower every night...." Maybe if I were not so busy with ironing and keeping up with her hygiene, I could work on my goalie skills.

No comments: