three pets, two girls, one crazy life

6.20.2010

The (perhaps not work safe) parade review

Today we checked out the gay pride parade. It was cold and rainy (so glad that can wear my winter clothing 11 months of the year here in Oregon. We had never been to the pride parade before and we had a good time. Although the parade was pretty damn long. The start was a balloon display by a balloon company called "blow me."  Pretty memorable.


Then there was what I think was the parade queen. Not sure.  But I was happy to see that Wells Fargo was supporting gay pride.

Gaily decorated dog.

Nike's combat vehicle.  Not sure what they use that for, but it was pretty cool.  They also had a large contingent of employees in the parade.  All decked out in Nike wear!
This is where it starts to get a little not-safe for work.  I had always wondered what the allure of those swinging chairs was.....I guess now I know. 
I was a bit worried I was going to get hit with the whip.....
And, finally, as you can see, he let it all hang out!
The parade was a lot of fun, and I am glad we went.  It was nice that everyone in that parade was comfortable being just how they wanted to be.  Whether that was an explosion of sequins and feathers, leather chaps or just some pasties.  If that's how you want to be--go for it.  And for all those haters who I hear year after year saying that gay pride parades are "bad" for gay people because we should show everyone how normal gay people are--well, really, watching a bunch of lawyer, doctors,and bankers walk down the street is just not near as interesting as watching someone with his ass hanging out of his leather chaps. 

No comments: