three pets, two girls, one crazy life

1.24.2009

A shout out to our peeps....

Lynn and Jolie who we went to the movies (Doubt) and out to eat with tonight. That--and seeing Dan Savage (who was in Portland for a rally) yesterday have been the highlight of our weekend so far! Seconds before we went to pick up Lynn and Jolie, Laura had been wearing the sweatpants she had been in all day. She also had not combed her hair. Then she "got her shit together" as in she put on a pair of jeans, slapped on some eyeliner and mascara and apparently was the "hot one" on our date. (In my own defense, I did not really spend much time on my own hair, makeup, or clothing before we left--just had to get that out there...) Anyhow, just to take some credit for how hot Laura is, I informed our friend that it was I who cut her hair. Laura chimed right in: "yup, she cuts it topless, why would I go anywhere else?" Apparently, I put on a good show. I tried to save the situation by explaining that I used to get lots of itchy hair in my shirt, so I decided to eliminate that problem. But, my explanation was not heard over the ensuing laughter.

Then, on the way home, it occurred to me that I might be able to make a lot of money if I posted an ad on craig's list for topless haircutting. I could probably pay my way through beauty school....

Laura has informed me that maybe she will start putting singles in my pants during hair cuts. Great--money for starbucks.

And don't even get me started on the time she told the woman in Kansas that I was obsessed with breast pumps......another winning moment.

1 comment:

Sarita said...

1) I can't wait to go to Portland/Sodom and Gomorrah to eat Voodoo Donuts.
2) I hope said boy of skinny pants and ugly shoes is not Neel!