We took pictures for our "save the date" cards:
Laura got to do her favorite thing on vacation--sleep. I got to do my favorite thing on vacation, eat and watch TV. We did get a little bit of Tropical Storm Faye, but it wasn't too bad. Unfortunately, Faye rolled in on the day that I decided to try to make the beach a little bit more fun for Laura. I lured her there with promises of a cooler packed with ice, vodka, diet coke, and Doritos. After a run to the Piggly Wiggly for provisions, and packing the cooler, we lugged all our gear (30lb--it seemed, cooler; reading material; chairs; umbrella) the 300 yards to the beach. The wind was quite brisk. The only way to keep the umbrella up was to wedge it between a chair and a cooler. The wind must have carried the scent of our Doritos to the seagulls because 40 of them arrived quite quickly and sat surrounding us for the duration of our beach visit (imagine THE BIRDS, but set on a beach). The wind didn't blow any seagulls away, but it did blow our poor beach umbrella inside out, totally demolishing it! wasn't quite the idyllic beach outing that I had imagined that day, but it was still fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment