for those of you who don't know, that quote ends "...you'll only get frustrated and it will irritate the pig." Toilet training a cat is somewhat similar. Yes, we are toilet training our cats. With the City Kitty toilet training program. So far, Lucy is more interested in being a city kitty than Flux is. We're currently on the third step of the program; a small litter box is suspended in the ring of the toilet. The cats are supposed to use it. Steps 4-7 involve gradually removing pieces of the suspended litter ring until the cat uses the toilet. We've been on step 3 for about a day now. Flux had one accident last night. This morning, I spend the morning chasing him around the house (while he was digging up plants, suspiciously pawing the recycling bag...) and locked him in the bathroom with the city kitty toilet. He finally peed. I thought he had gotten it. No such luck. We repeated the whole chain of events about half an hour later. After being locked in the bathroom, he did finally make a poo on the city kitty toilet. To punish me for locking him in the bathroom, he managed to smear some on the toilet seat. Needless to say, with all these accidents, our bathroom is getting a daily disinfecting and is cleaner than it has been in years.
If you are wondering why I have so much time for cat toilet training, its because I am at home studying for the bar. Never again will I move to a state that I cannot waive into. That opens up a lot of states for me even now, since I am admitted to 3 bars and am eligible to waive into about every state except the one that I live in. Smart planning, I tell you.
Besides studying for the bar, I'm spending my time worrying about what will happen when the particle accelerator gets turning on in August. One of the possibilities is miniature black holes. It's hard to imagine that there is really anything miniature about a black hole. No matter how small it is, I am pretty sure that we will all die if one just happens to open up in this particle accelerator. (of course, the particle dude thinks that the black holes will just be tiny and break apart...hmm, how reassuring). Since we only have this one earth, I think that I would forgo turning that thing on--you know, just on the off chance we're all swallowed by a "miniature black hole." Laura tells me that she is pretty sure this will not happen; I guess we will all find out when they flip on the magnets.
Anyhow, back to the scintillating world of secured transactions....
No comments:
Post a Comment