Laura finally came back from her 6 months (well not really that long) in the field. Although I think that she is tired of traveling, that is not stopping her. She's taking a little vacation to New Mexico next week. Have fun with the homeless in New Mexico Laura, while I pine away alone in Oregon! But, I guess I have my own homeless to keep me company since a bunch of them are protesting/camping outside of City Hall. They lounge around all day, aggressively greet all visitors to City Hall--"HI HOW ARE YOU TODAY MA'AM? I SURE WISH THAT SOMEBODY WOULD BRING US SOME FREE CREAM CHEESE TO GO WITH THESE FREE BAGELS WE JUST GOT" and wave around little protest signs. Maybe I will bring some home to keep me company while Laura is gone.
But, enough bitterness on to my nice post about our beautiful house, filled with bookshelves that Laura hung, walls that she painted, and things bought with money that she earned, oh, and my 30th belt that Laura was gracious enough to let me buy over the weekend..... Here is our living room:
This is another part of our condo. Notice the beautiful painting, which was painted by Rama, an elephant at the Portland Zoo.
We (and 6 billion irritating kids) went to the zoo to watch the artist paint this weekend:
We also went to a KY Derby party over the weekend, and we, like the rest of America, were horrified when Eight Bells broke her legs when she was pulling up after the race.
A big thanks to General Awesome for our Awesome Hats.
No comments:
Post a Comment